The Exchange Building in downtown Seattle, WA was originally built in 1930, at which time metal piping had been built to run through the ornamental plaster friezes. Over time, damage occurred in these areas that needed to be corrected. To do so required removing a section of frieze, restoring it by hand, and casting a rubber mold to cast the additional necessary pieces. Once the pieces had been created, they were installed and mitered together - a process of curing the seams of two plaster trim pieces to look like one, singular piece. Completed in 2015.